Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Just got news today that my "root-haired" doll, the one that went to the State Fair in Puyallup, will have her photo in Art Doll Quarterly, Spring 2017.  That was nice news to receive during a time when most of the news I was receiving wasn't happy.

 Two months ago I lost my dog, Wiener.  He was 15 years old and had a long life, but losing him was still very hard. We'd had him since he was three.

I really missed Wiener, as he was MY dog and our other two dogs prefer my husband to me.  I felt rather left out. But you never know what Life has in store.  Last week I received a new dog without even looking for one. He is Bailey, a ten year old long-haired dachshund.  Sadly, his previous owner died two days before I received him and he was very sad. Dogs grieve the same as people do.

Bailey has fit in well with our female dachshunds; one is older than he is and one younger. He is a love of a dog, and I needed him as much as he needed me. Having Bailey has helped deal with Wiener's loss and I am helping him deal with the loss of his mom, Allene.

 Grace


Poki


I'm having to get used to the fact that Bailey can jump higher than the girls can. He got a bite of my breakfast yesterday!! So I learned that lesson quickly!

Bailey sticks close to me. He lies on the bathmat while I shower, and that is OK with him. However, once I shut the water off, I have about a minute to get out before he begins to cry. He stands with his paws on the edge of the tub and wails until I push the curtain back and get out. Then he is happy again. I haven't left him very often since I got him, but he does alright for short periods of time. I skipped our doll club in Puyallup today because I didn't want to leave him all day. He's been through enough lately, I don't want to cause him any more stress than I have to. 


I HAVE been working on a few dolls lately. I am interested in assemblage dolls, but haven't really finished one yet. Here are two in progress: 


I'll post more photos as I get these two closer to being finished. 

I also have a new "root-haired" doll in the Fall Gala at Grays Harbor College. I will show photos of him later. 

Thanks for stopping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment